Rice PTA President's Letter
Dear Rice Parents,
Our Rice PTA (Parent Teacher Association) sponsors many programs and activities for our students, parents, and staff throughout the school year. In order to maintain the level of commitment that we believe is important for our school, we need approximately $25 per student.
Here is a list of items PTA funded (or helped to fund) during 2016-17 school year:
- Programs for the band
- Math competition (MOEMS)
- Red Ribbon Week
- Bookshelves and books for classrooms
- School song (new song composed)
- Shirts for career day
- Rulers for Skills for Living
- Poetry books
- Author talk (Karen Blumenthal)
- New books and furniture for library
- Mav’s student program
- Ceramic glaze for art
- Teacher conferences and workshops
- Science Fair awards
- Project Prom
- Bean bag chairs for Special Ed
- Posters for school campaign
- Theater supplies (to build sets)
- Teacher appreciation
PTA wants to continue to be able to provide an amazing experience for our Rice students. To do so, however, we need your support.
How can you help?
- Join PTA – a PTA Membership at Rice is $20 for the first family member and $8 for each additional member. A small amount of each membership pays the state and national PTA dues and the balance stays at Rice.
- Make a tax-deductible donation (any amount is greatly appreciated) and 100% of the money raised will fund Rice programs/needs. Your tax-deductible donation will allow us to support the students, staff, and families at Rice and 100% of the money raised will go directly into programs at our school.
Your support for Rice PTA is critical to our amazing school. Each of you has something to offer the PTA. I look forward to you joining the PTA, making a donation and/or volunteering at Rice event. Thank you in advance for your support of the Rice PTA during the 2017-18 school year.
Come and meet the new board the first day of the school, Monday, Aug. 21, at a newcomer’s meeting/PTA General Meeting. Bagels and coffee will be served at 11 a.m. in the Rice Library. Connect with Rice PTA on Facebook and at http://ricepta.org/ for all the latest PTA news.
Rice PTA President