Rice PTA President's Letter
Welcome Rice Parents,
Rice PTA (Parent Teacher Association) is proud to sponsor many programs and activities for our students, parents, and staff throughout the school year, and we look forward to working with our families to make this year a wonderful one!
As funding for our public schools becomes increasingly tight, it’s imperative for our PTA to step in to fill the gap for our teachers and our students’ needs both for curricular and extracurricular programs and supplies.
Here is an example of items PTA planned and/or funded last year:
- Scholarship for former Rice students who were PTA members
- Fall and Spring “Raven Fest” social events
- Programs and supplies for the band, choir, and orchestra
- Reflections art contest and Science Fair awards
- Red Ribbon Week assembly
- 8th Grade Celebration graduation event
- Flexible seating, games, bookshelves, and equipment for classrooms
- Teacher conferences and workshops
- Books and magazines for library, Spanish reading club, science classes
- Athletic equipment for sports and classes
- Veteran’s Day event
- Teacher Appreciation Week meals and treats
- And so much more!
PTA wants to continue to be able to provide an amazing experience for our Rice students. To do so, however, we need your support! How can you help?
Join PTA – PTA Membership at Rice is $20 for the first family member and $8 for each additional member, and students are welcome to join too. Reminder, we recently approved a scholarship for seniors who attended Rice whose families belonged to the PTA while they were students, so join PTA to take advantage of this opportunity!
Make a donation - Any amount is greatly appreciated, and 100% of your tax-deductible contribution will support Rice programs/needs.
Volunteer - Our school is only as good as its participants, and we are fortunate to have a wonderful network at Rice to support the staff and help out at events. If you're willing to volunteer, we'd love to have you, but it is NOT a requirement.
Get connected - Stay in the loop about PTA and school happenings by following us on Facebook, and visit our website to create an account, place orders, and get the latest PTA news.
Support PTA events and initiatives - When you attend a restaurant spirit night, buy school supplies packs and spirit wear, clip Box Tops, or send a casserole to school for a teacher breakfast, you show that you value what PTA provides at Rice. Thank you for your support!
Looking forward to a great year,
Rice PTA President, 2021-2022