Rice PTA President's Letter
Welcome Rice Parents,
Our Rice PTA (Parent Teacher Association) sponsors many programs and activities for our students, parents, and staff throughout the school year. In order to maintain the level of commitment that we believe is important for our school, we need approximately $30 per student.
As funding for our public schools becomes increasingly tight, it’s imperative for our PTA to step in to fill the gap for our teachers and our students’ needs both for curricular and extracurricular programs and supplies.
Here is an example of those items PTA funded (or helped to fund) during last school year:
- Scholarship for former Rice students who were PTA members
- Recycle bins for our newly formed Environmental Club
- Programs for the band
- Some meals for the men’s choir invited to perform at TMEA in San Antonio
- Table top easels for the Art department
- Perimeter Field Kit for the new Robotics club (Rice added a second due to interest)
- Math Olympiad team sponsor
- Red Ribbon Week
- Bluetooth speakers for Speech and Theater
- Poetry books
- Subscriptions to websites for personalized practice for Foreign Language department
- Teacher conferences and workshops, including for our librarian who is Plano ISD Teacher of the Year!
- Author visit
- Athletic equipment for sports and classes
- Science Fair awards
- Equipment for Science Department
- School assembly requested by Rice Administration
- Project Prom
- Teacher appreciation
- Painting updates for Rice cafeteria
PTA wants to continue to be able to provide an amazing experience for our Rice students. To do so, however, we need your support!
How can you help?
Join PTA – a PTA Membership at Rice is $20 for the first family member and $8 for each additional member and students are welcome to join, too. A small amount of each membership pays the state and national PTA dues and the balance stays at Rice. Reminder, we recently approved a scholarship for seniors who attended Rice whose families belonged to the PTA while they were students.
- Make a tax-deductible donation (any amount is greatly appreciated) and 100% of the money raised will fund Rice programs/needs. Your tax-deductible donation will allow us to support the students, staff, and families at Rice and 100% of the money raised will go directly into programs at our school.
Your support for Rice PTA is critical to our amazing school. Each of you has something to offer the PTA. I look forward to you joining the PTA, making a donation and/or volunteering at Rice event. Thank you in advance for your support of the Rice PTA during the 2018-19 school year.
Come and meet the new board the first day of the school, Monday, Aug. 13, at a newcomer’s meeting/PTA General Meeting. Bagels and coffee will be served at 11 a.m. in the Rice Library. Connect with Rice PTA on Facebook and at http://ricepta.org/ for all the latest PTA news.
Rice PTA President